I have been doing more designs and more thinking since the time I last uploaded my furniture designs in my last post on this blog. The thinking has really been considering the following points,
- Where would I fit in my 5 or 7 speaker home theatre which intend to buy sometime sooner rather than later
- I have a projector so I need to a place where I can incorporate the projector screen in the design to pull it down and use it for watching movies or sports
- Needed more open space where I can keep the books & papers
- Need of giving more importance to utility over aesthetics
- Finally and more importantly, I realized that the design needs to be modular so as to re-align the drawers if required in future
So out of these added needs, I have created two more designs which I am putting below. I have tried to mention where I intend to keep what so hopefully would give you an idea of how things will look like once its ready and done.
SRD Design 3
SRD Design 4
I personally have liked the Design 4 more than Design 3 but I would want to give some more thinking on which one I should really go for.
Please feel free to click on these designs and explore them and let me know your comments on how I can make them even better.
Ohh, and in case you are wondering what does the title (H.A.M.B.A.I.D.N) mean, its ‘How about me being an interior designer now?’ !